These very easy muffins are from Alida’s Kitchen. They feature coconut oil which is so versatile and delicious and also includes shredded coconut in the topping. They are quick to make and perfect for breakfast, snacks, pitch-ins, bake sales and more! Frozen blueberries work well when fresh ones are out of season. You could easily bake a couple of batches and freeze them to have on hand for unexpected company or weekend brunch.
This is a wonderful for recipe to try for your first time baking with coconut oil. These amazing muffins are moist and with the just right amount of coconut flavor. Hope you enjoy them!
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup buttermilk
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
2 teaspoons brown sugar, for topping
2 teaspoons sweetened flaked coconut, for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 12 standard muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, stir flour, sugar and baking powder.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, buttermilk, eggs and vanilla until well blended.
- Add wet ingredients to flour mixture, stirring gently until just combined.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly among 12 muffin cups. Top each muffin with a sprinkle of brown sugar and a sprinkle of coconut.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes and then move to wire rack to cool completely.