Coconut Oil Dog Treats
These dog treats are easy and fun to make. So simple your kids could make them, and if they snack while making them they are healthy for humans too. Beware your puppy will be sitting at your feet begging for the treats before they are even baked
COCONUT OIL DOG TREATS
1 cup oatmeal
½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1 ½ teaspoon of baking powder
¼ cup all purpose flour
1 Tablespoon Coconut oil
½ cup natural peanut butter
½ cup milk
1 Tablespoon of applesauce
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix all of the dry ingredients together
3. Add in the rest of the ingredients to the dry ingredients.
4. Knead to mix the ingredients together.
5. Use either parchment paper or wax paper and spread the mixture out.
6. You can use either a rolling pin or just flatten out with your hand.
7. Cut out with a cookie cutter.
8. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
We used a circular cutter and made 75 treats out of this recipe.
Some other ingredients you can add are ¼ cup dried blueberries or ½ a banana. If you are adding more moisture like with the banana you will need to increase the flour by a couple of Tablespoons. With dry ingredients, you will need to add some moisture as well. With the blueberries you can add another tablespoon of applesauce. Note: when adding in additional ingredients, choose unsweetened items.